A Perfect Fit
How LVL Is Made
LP® SolidStart® LVL is a strong, straight and durable framing product made for superior performance. It can be used in place of traditional lumber for greater consistency and design flexibility. Advantages include:
- Ultrasonically graded veneers are arranged in specific patterns to maximize strength and stiffness
- The veneers are bonded with exterior-grade adhesives under pressure and heat, resulting in low moisture content for dimensional stability
How LSL Is Made
LP® SolidStart® LSL’s manufacturing process provides superior performance with less shrinking, warping and twisting.
- Made from a mix of sustainably harvested aspen and maple hardwoods for greater strength
- A steam injection press results in low moisture content (7%–10%) similar to the conditions inside a home
- End- and edge-sealed to reduce swelling
LP has been delivering innovative building products for over 40 years. We continue to improve our current products while developing new ones with superior strength, durability and quality for advanced ways of building.
Features and Benefits
- LSL Strength: Available in 1.75E grade, the industry's highest grade of LSL
- LSL: Fewer pieces means less time on the job site and less waste.
- LSL: Consistent low moisture content helps resist twisting, warping and shrinking.
- LSL: Use for floor beams, door and window headers, roof and wall framing, rim board, stair stringers and sill plates
- LVL Protection: SiteCote™ water-resistant coating protects during construction.
- LVL: Consistent, accurate sizes and resists warping, twisting and shrinking.
- LVL: Ideal for high-load applications.
- Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Create The Foundation
What type of Lumber should you use for your deck? Whether you're building a deck or something much larger from an infrastructure standpoint, Allegheny Millwork & Lumber has building products you need.
The Perfect Outside Look
If you have a patio or outdoor area in your home, the entryway is just as important is the front door. Patio doors demand unobstructed views and lots of light. Come talk to us!
Using quality, customized siding gives your exterior character. Choose from a variety of style choices to give your home the curb-appeal they can't turn away from.
Our Team is Here to Help!
Why Builders Recommend Allegheny Millwork & Lumber
Our reputation for quality and excellence is why you should choose Allegheny Millwork & Lumber. Our staff is highly knowledgeable and friendly. We will help guide you through the myriad products when you are building or renovating your home.
From building materials to fine finishes, we have you covered. Beautiful doors create a welcoming entrance to your home. Crystalline windows and gargantuan patio doors can grace your property, framing the view and keeping you protected from the elements. Our experts can help you make the decisions when choosing what is right for you. No project is too big or too small. Come see why the best contractors in Pittsburgh have been using Allegheny Millwork & Lumber for the last 40 years.
With over 350 moulding profiles in stock, we can adorn your windows and doors, ceilings, walls, and floors with quality woodwork to put your own stamp on the project at hand. We can also match existing millwork to complete your historical renovation.
Additionally, we will help you design the kitchen of your dreams. We encourage you to make an appointment in our 10,000 square feet design showroom. You can also visit our virtual showroom by clicking on the link to the right We hope to see you soon!