Text 412-431-4224   OR   Call 412-923-0412
Get Directions

For general inquiries or to get a quote, fill out the form below.

"*" indicates required fields

Mold vs Mould – there is a difference!

Mold is the American spelling for all senses of the word meaning, among other things, (1) a frame for shaping something, (2) to shape in a mold, and (3) any of various fungi that commonly grow on organic matter and are often associated with decay.  Mould is the British spelling, American English has no mould, and British English has no mold.

Australian and Canadian English favor the British spelling, though mold is fairly common in Canadian publications.

WE prefer the spelling MOULD, as seen in our logo’s tag line and all our brochures.  It’s a preference not a right or wrong.  Preferring the British spelling may be because we have a Brit who is part of our team here at the yard, or maybe it signifies to us a difference between mold – any fungi or mould – shape, form, design, or pattern; since we have the most extensive moulding line in the Pittsburgh area, over 350 profiles in stock.

Moulding is an affordable way to add a design factor to your home, bringing life to a plain box like room to a room with character.

As our tag line states “Moulding your life” that’s what we strive to do, help add shape, form design to a big part of your life, your home!